Step-by-step instructions for the Wanhao D7 from a user’s perspective
Below we have written a short manual for the Wanhao D7, from a user’s point of view.
The printer is not clean – there are resin residues in the printing area:
- Unscrew the plate (baseplate) and clean it with isopropanol until no resin residues remain on the plate.
- Remove the resin tub (or tank) and clean the display and printer.
- Fill the resin back into the bottle or other container via a filter sieve to filter hardened residues from the resin.
- Remove coarse residues from the resin tray with paper and clean thoroughly with isopropanol.
- Make sure that the FEP foil is clean on both sides.
- Attach the tank and plate to the printer again.
Printer is clean – no resin residue in the print area
- Make sure that the .stl file for printing is in the correct dimensions and that necessary support structures are available, if necessary.
- Turn on the printer.
- Pour resin into the tank so that approximately a quarter of the tank is full.
- Start printing software
Print is ready
- Brush the resin from the base plate into the tank.
- Carefully unscrew the plate and then hold it at an angle so that the remaining resin flows into the tank.
- Carefully release the printed model from the plate (e.g. with a spatula) and place the model in isopropanol.
Clean print model and allow to harden
- Place the model in a container with IPA and leave to swivel occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Remove the model from the isopropanol and remove any resin residues.
- Dab the model dry with a paper towel and allow to dry well in the air.
- Allow the model to cure for approx. 15 minutes under a UV lamp. If the model is not completely dry after the IPA bath, white spots may appear on the model!